In light of the changing circumstances with regard to the delta variant of the coronavirus, our Church Re-Opening Committee recently met. The following recommendations were approved by the church Reopening Committee as reported below by Chair Missy Delargy.
- Masks: Mandatory for unvaccinated. Optional for vaccinated. We will post and announce the CDC recommendation that masks should be worn indoors, but will not mandate them for those who are vaccinated at this time. We will encourage anyone who feels safer wearing one to do so. Denise will print and hang new, updated signs on entrance doors.
- Seating distance within and between pews: Seating will be at 6’ distance
- Ushered seating or self seating: Reopening committee will continue to usher people to seats.
- Distribution of bulletins and pre-packaged communion: Bulletins and communion cups will be handed out as people are ushered to their seats
- Choir: No choir
- Singing by the congregation: No singing of hymns by the congregation. We will leave the hymnals in the pews but hymn numbers should not be posted on the boards or in the bulletin.
- Cleaning/spraying after service: We will not spray after services.
- Location of offering plates: Offering plates will remain at the back of the church. Reverend Bruce can decide if he wants to alter the service and have a plate carried to the front for dedication.
- Homecoming Sunday: Delay to a future date
- Ventilation: Doors and windows will be opened as appropriate. Fans will be used to circulate air.
These decisions will be reviewed as needed. We will revise if we are mandated by the State or if we feel the risk increases in the community.